If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It: Reviewing Your Employee Recognition Options
In our lives we have routines…ways of doing things…and setups…
Have you ever heard the expression, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it?” Most people have. Many Human Resources managers take this stance when it comes to their organization’s employee recognition program. Essentially, they believe that if there is no evidence of a real problem, and fixing the “problem” wouldn’t improve their years of service program, then there is no logical reason to waste energy and time (theirs or anybody else’s) trying to fix it.
I understand where they are coming from. The process of reviewing vendor options isn’t normally at the top of any HR professional’s to-do list. But at the same time, I feel like it is the responsibility of these people to periodically review their options when it comes to their organization’s recognition program vendor. Your employees depend on you to look out for their best interests. This applies to their insurance benefits, payroll timeliness, retirement packages AND employee recognition program.
Change is okay. Do not be afraid of change. The constant evaluation of the effectiveness of an organization results in the need for HR professionals to frequently research and advocate change.
If you feel like the concept of reviewing your current vendor against the dozens of other recognition companies out there is a little overwhelming, do not worry. Award Concepts will make it easy for you. We can administer fully-customized, anonymous surveys to see what your employees think about your current program. These surveys are at no cost to you. We guarantee that you’ll discover something new when surveying your employees. They are unique, hard-working and opinionated individuals; they will let you know what they really think about their recognition program.
Some other things to think about:
– Don’t minimize the value of an effective recognition program or the damage of an ineffective one. Research shows that the more satisfied employees are with the organization’s recognition practices the more productive they are. They’re also less likely to leave your company.
– Don’t treat everyone the same. One size does not fit all when it comes to employee recognition. Take the time to get to know your employees. Find out what motivates them. Respect people’s differences.
– Don’t rely on a traditional award like a logo’d t-shirt or coffee mug as the gift of choice for your employees. Think creatively. We offer our clients a wide variety of fun, modern awards that are useful for your employees.
Looking for a quote? Give Award Concepts a call today (1-800-659-7801). We’ll respond quickly with a competitive recognition program quote that will motivate, engage and inspire your employees.
And remember – just because you don’t think something is broken doesn’t necessarily mean that it cannot be improved upon.
Connect With Us
Toll Free: 800-659-7801
Enroll In Our 1 Minute Manager
Daily reminders for managers that help towards building a culture of recognition in the workplace.
- How to Give a Great Recognition Speech - 47,929 views
- Ideas for Employee Appreciation and Recognition - 6,679 views
- Gift Suggestions for Nurses Week - 4,214 views
- Healthcare Theme Porcelain Figurines by Lladro - 4,074 views
- New Research Shows Non-Cash Incentives More Effective Than Cash - 2,820 views